TSG Solutions, Inc. (TSG) is a veteran owned small business dedicated to providing outstanding services and solutions to enhance customer security, preparedness and operations. Our capabilities include Security & Technology Consulting, Situational Awareness Services & Solutions, and Engineering & Technical Services.
TSG Solutions is committed to its employees by offering an outstanding work environment, which affords them every opportunity to thrive and grow both professionally and personally. We are hiring for the following position in the Carlsbad, CA office:
The GIS Analyst I is the primary support mechanism for the company with regards to all geospatial data functions, standards, processes and procedures. The GIS Analyst provides technical GIS technology support according to company needs.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in geography, cartography, planning, computer science, or closely related field with emphases in GIS, or 4 years military experience in closely related field with emphases on GIS preferred. Work experience can be substituted for military or bachelor’s degree with work in related field, with a minimum 1-year experience in application of GIS technology.
- Experience with CADD technologies and data migration to GIS is necessary.
- Experience with and technical working knowledge of leading geospatial technologies vendor software and software configurations is necessary.
- Experience managing enterprise-wide geospatial technologies programs a plus.
- Applied knowledge of relevant industry and government standards such as SDSFIE and FGDC metadata standards is highly desirable.
- Experience in implementing and managing large geospatial technologies projects or programs is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office environments.
- Expert knowledge of ESRI’s ArcGIS Suite (ArcMAP 10.1, Arc Catalog and ArcToolbox.
- Advanced knowledge of spatial concepts used for geo-referencing and geographic/projected coordinate systems
- Basic knowledge of global positioning systems (GPS)
- Ability to create basic user applications and interfaces using various programming languages.
- The ability to write queries for SQL (preferred).
- Python (preferred)
- Microsoft .NET (preferred)
- Advanced Web development (Flash, HTML5) (preferred)
- Proven verbal and written communications skills required including the ability to present presentations to potential customers.
- Ability to perform job with minimal direction, required to be self-motivated.
- Employee uses judgment and originality by interpreting data, planning the work and refining the methods and techniques being used.
- Employee assists in preparing technical research.
- The GIS Analyst serves as the primary GIS and technical support point of contact for the company and acts as a liaison between the systems side and the client or data side.
- Assist client personnel with data quality control and potentially contract guidance as it relates to the generation of geospatial data.
- Assists various clients with data QA/QC.
- Enables the clients to meet all requirements in relation to creating & maintaining geospatial data and assists in the development of program policies and guidance as well as various training materials and program documentation.
- Provides technical expertise to enable multiple solutions and capability to include 3D solutions as well as other capabilities.
- Actively participate in and provide lessons learned to the Technology, Data, Communication, and Training Sub-Committees.
- Deliver tasks and work products that are in accordance with the Customer’s Program vision, mission, objectives, and goals.
- Provide QA/QC peer review, as needed.
- Represent the Customer’s program at various meetings, working groups, and technical sessions.
- Must be able to secure and maintain a security clearance
- Travel requirements – Mid to heavy travel required.
TSG Solutions offers competitive salary and benefits package. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org